Custom Home-Building Process
For specifics, see our award-winning custom home building process:
Step One: Consultation
Our first meeting is a chance for us to learn about your plans and dreams.
- Where Is the Lot Located? Let’s Meet At The Site and Get A Feel For The Property.
- Architecture. What Is Your Style?
- Establishing Your Initial Budget
Step Two: Architectural/Design Agreement
Determining priorities, goals and the scope of your project.
- Deciphering Priorities for the Design
- Determining Goals for the Project. When's the End Date?
- Developing the First Initial Design
- Sign Off
Step Four: Pricing
Taking the mystery out of home-building costs.
- Pricing Policy and Procedures
- Competitive Bid Process with Our Trusted Subcontractors
- Payment Plans
- Discount Opportunities
Step Five: Pre-Construction
Final preparations and details ensure a smooth building phase.
- Establishing the Working Relationship with the Homeowner, Project Mgmt, and Superintendent
- Reviewing Expectations for the Schedule, Progress and Materials Selected
- Establishing Construction Start Date and Final Schedule
Step Seven: Completion
With the finish line in sight, it's time to meet your new home.
- Developing the Projects “Punch List”
- Training Sessions for Appliances, A/V, and Mechanical Systems
- Maintenance Overview to Keep Your Home Happy and Healthy
- Closing with the Bank and Highmark Builders
Step Eight: Warranties
Two different warranties ensure that you have recourse should any possible issues arise with your new home.
- 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship
- 2 year mechanical, electrical and plumbing warranty
- 10 year structural warranty
Highmark Builders Warranty Plus
- 30 day walk-through after move-in with the Highmark team
- 5 year labor warranty on all Highmark Builders finish carpentry
- 5 year labor warranty on all Highmark Exteriors siding & roofing
- Our Online Warranty Management System
Maintenance and Service Plans
- Highmark offers a range of home maintenance and service plans too, contact us for more info.
Step Nine: Stay in the Loop with BuilderTREND
Finally, our BuilderTREND project management system enables simple and secure communication 24/7 to keep projects moving smoothly and transparently.
With a BuilderTREND login, clients can track every detail, including:
- Work Orders
- Change Orders
We want the entire remodeling process to go as smoothly as possible, and we're all about customer service. To talk more about your remodeling project, contact us today.